Ford Endeavour Sport comes with a host of exterior updates carrying an aggressive theme and it derives power from a 2.0-litre four-cylinder diesel engine
Ford sells the Endeavour also as the Everest in the international markets and it has been a popular model for the American auto major. The body-on-frame SUV sits on the same platform as the Ranger pickup truck and it has more often been the second best-seller in the full-size SUV segment behind the Toyota Fortuner.
Only a few weeks ago, Toyota introduced the TRD edition of the Fortuner to garner more customers during this festive season. Moreover, the facelifted Fortuner had already been spotted testing on Indian roads. In response, the Blue Oval has today introduced the Endeavour Sport edition and is priced at Rs. 35.10 lakh (ex-showroom).
The Sport edition of the Endeavour/Everest is also sold in global markets but the domestic version has specific changes while carrying the same aggressive theme. The special edition of the seven-seater has notable exterior updates to differentiate itself from the regular model and it also brings a sportier stance for the rugged and robust-looking SUV.
The visual highlights in the Ford Endeavour Sport are blackened honeycomb front grille with chrome slats, front bumper and rear bumper with black inserts, black coloured alloy wheels, ORVM caps, fender badging as well as roof rails. Despite the attractive exterior, the cabin does not get any major enhancements.
Based on the Titanium+ grade, the Ford Endeavour Sport is equipped with the 2.0-litre four-cylinder diesel engine pumping out a maximum power output of 168 bhp and 420 Nm of peak torque and it will be offered with a 4WD configuration. The interior gets carried over features like an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity.
As for the features, the Ford Endeavour Sport comes with handsfree tailgate, panoramic sunroof, cruise control, front parking sensors, dual-zone climate control, eight-way adjustable powered front seats, ESC with rollover mitigation, ambient lighting, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, multiple airbags and so on. Absolute Black, Diffuser Silver and Diamond White are the colour schemes in which the special edition is offered with.
- First-in-segment Terrain Management System (TMS) with four preset modes – Normal, Snow/Mud/Grass, Sand and Rock – that alter the vehicle’s throttle response, transmission, the four-wheel-drive system and traction control to confidently tackle any situation
- The impressive water-wading capacity of 800 mm along with outstanding ground clearance
- Up to seven airbags, including a driver knee airbag, for all-around safety
- Ford’s renowned voice-enabled, in-car connectivity technology SYNC 3 with 8-inch touchscreen and Apple CarPlay, Google Auto compatibility
- First-in-class Active Noise Cancellation, a technology used in noise-cancelling headphones to help reduce low-frequency engine sounds from entering the cabin.
Comfort & Convenience
- A panoramic sun-roof, covering up to 50% of the roof
- Flexible seating and cargo arrangements – including fold-flat second- and first-in-class power-fold third-row that can hold up to 2,010 litres of cargo
- Semi-Auto Parallel Park Assist, push start button, hand-free power lift rear gate, rear and front parking sensors, rear parking camera, automatic headlamps, automatic wipers, DRLs, dual-zone automatic climate control, 8-way power-adjustable driver & front passenger seat
- Hill launch assist and hill descent control for better control going up or down a hill
- Standard 3-year or 100,000 KM factory warranty, and scheduled maintenance cost as low as 73 paise per kilometre*