The MG Hector's 1.5-litre petrol engine comes mated to a 6-speed manual or an optional DCT gearbox, while the 2.0-litre diesel can only be had with a 6-MT\r\nMG Motor entered the Indian market last year with a mid-size SUV called Hector, and the car has successfully made a name for itself in the market. The Chinese-owned British automaker managed to sell a total of 15,930 units of the Hector SUV in India last year, out of which 57.2% or 9,110 were petrol models, while the rest 6,820 (42.8%) were diesel.\r\n\r\nMG offers the Hector with a 1.5-litre turbocharged petrol motor that makes 143 PS of maximum power, along with 250 Nm peak torque. The said engine can also be had with a 48V mild-hybrid tech on a few variants which adds regenerative braking and engine idle start-stop system. Also on offer is a Fiat-sourced 2.0-litre diesel engine that puts out 170 PS power and 350 Nm torque.\r\n\r\nThe higher sale of the petrol models could be accredited to the fact that it is offered with a 6-speed manual along with an optional dual-clutch automatic transmission, whereas the diesel engine comes mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox as standard.\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\nLeaving aside the powertrains, the MG Hector is one of the most feature-packed cars in its segment, and it comes equipped with a 10.4-inch vertically stacked touchscreen infotainment system that comes with Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, AI-powered voice assist, pre-loaded apps and an embedded eSIM.\r\n\r\nAdditionally, it also gets features like a 360-degree camera, a six-way power-adjustable driver and four-way power-adjustable co-driver\u2019s seat, a panoramic sunroof, heated ORVMs, rain-sensing wipers, automatic headlights, mood lighting with eight colours, a powered tailgate and more!\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\nThe SUV is packed with a range of safety features too, including 6 airbags, Electronic Stability Program, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Traction Control System, ABS with EBD and Brake Assist, disc brakes on all four wheels, 360-degree view camera, front parking sensors, electric parking brake, heated ORVMs, Hill Hold Control and more.\r\n\r\nAs of now, MG retails the Hector at a starting price of Rs 12.73 lakh, which goes up to Rs 17.43 lakh (both prices, ex-showroom). The Hector competes against the likes of Tata Harrier, Jeep Compass, Kia Seltos and the Hyundai Creta in the Indian market.